Saturday, January 16, 2010

Finding the Library

stardate nanny 5

I decided to venture out with Zachary. The plan was to go to both the Library and the Mayborn Museum. However, as life with a kid (even when he isn't yours) goes, the plan had to change.

First, Zachary didn't want to go out anymore. He decided he wanted to play Dinosaur Bingo. After a round of him calling the dino names, I took my turn. Once I got past that, I convinced him the library would be fun.

In the car on the way:
(Keep in mind he has just been to Chicago to see Sue the Tyrannosaurus Rex)

-How did you learn where the Library is?
My friend told me.
-What's your friend's name?
Sue
-But that isn't a good person name.
Well, her mom named her Sue.
-What's her middle name?
I don't know.
-Why would her mom name her Sue though?
Well the dinosaur Sue was named after a person. (not sure if that is accurate).
-Oh, okay.

We then continued to drive around Waco, because even with Sue telling me, I still couldn't find it. And with a kid like Zachary, he knows when you are lost. So, he started playing the "who would win in a battle: Dinosaur X or Dinosaur Y" game. Not as easy as you'd think.

We finally found the library where we learned that you have to have mail to prove your residency in order to get a library card. Fortunately, they held the books for us.

We had lunch in the great hall and then napped. After him trying to sleep by himself and me doing dishes and vacuuming, I went up there to lay with him. This worked as we both slept for an hour.

Afterwards we got mail from my dorm room and headed back to the library where we got to check out our first book together which was about a dinosaur whose name I can neither spell or say correctly.

Zach's dad was late (which he warned me about), so Z read to me these books meant for him to read.

****

Starting next week I will just be titling my blog's with the stardate :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment