Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grocery Shopping

stardate nanny 4

The week is coming to a close, and the little guy and I made a trip to the local HEB. He was tuckered out and slept in the car.

It is amazing how much kids pick up. They know their own little worlds very well. Zachary was very helpful in knowing which brands and how much of everything to get. We do not give kids enough credit.

While looking for my own half&half for my morning coffee, Zachary noticed pink milk. His response was:
-Do you know how long it has been since I've had pink milk?
How long?
-I've never had pink milk in a long time.

And when he saw something new in the store:
-What is that?
That is HEB's milk drink.
-Can we get it?
It's not on the list, Sorry. But maybe your parents will get it.
-But they don't even know it exists.

Also, when we had returned home and were having some goldfish I asked:
What did you learn in school today?
-Nothing. All I learned was that it was January 14th and I already knew that.

These aren't entirely hilarious, but they do make me grin. I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment