Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day

stardate nanny 1

For my last semester as an Undergraduate, I decided to start nannying a four year old boy named Zachary whom I had babysat quite a bit in the past. His parents, M and D, are my Faculty Masters for the Residential Hall I live in. They hired me on because their previous Nanny, Lauren, had to quit. I couldn't have been more thrilled. I had been working but at a a job that had fewer hours and paid less.

So today was my first full day. It's tricky knowing exactly what to do with just one kid. It's almost easier caring for more children, because activities come more easily.

His love for dinosaurs would astound you. He knows all their names and which period they lived in.

Anyway, from now on this blog will be a collection of any wonderful, funny or noteworthy things that happen during this job.

For instance, today Zachary clung to me while reading aloud a book about Adam and Eve. His only question was "Why did they do the wrong thing?"

Man, that is a hard one to answer with real satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment