Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stardate Nanny 6

Yesterday, as I was too busy to update, was a busy day with Z. I didn't have to arrive until 10 due to the holiday, but that almost ended up hurting me more than helping me. I had to take Z with me to the dry cleaners who claimed there was no dry cleaning to pick up. After talking to both parentals and several minutes later, we determined that maybe the lady was right. So, then Z and I headed to the alterations place which was closed on Mondays. Then, finally an errand went right. Z and I stopped by Lowe's to play "match this old light bulb with a new one from the store." Z did great, though the bottom was gold instead of silver so at first he was unsure if they were really the same.

After all of that, Z and I finally got to go to the Mayborn Museum. Having a kid with me as an excuse to be in the kids section is great! We did most all the rooms for at least a minute. Except for the little girls' tea room. He flat out ignored that one. After getting a quick bite to eat at Penland (which included some wonderful soft serve), we went home. He napped, I cleaned like crazy trying to get everything done and still didn't.

Back to the ice cream. I had sillily thought that a 4 year old could walk and eat ice cream as easily as I. Not true. It slowed our walk down considerably. As a naturally fast walker, it really made me take pause to see the world around me. Instead of being annoyed or frustrated, I enjoyed the break from a fast-paced life.

After his nap, we went outside to play catch with those velcro pads that have been around for what seems like forever now.

Quotes:
While in the car driving around:
-Jenny, you are driving me crazy.
What? Why is that?
-This year you are just driving me crazy with your silliness.
Before nap:
-Jenny, I want to take my nap with my shirt off.
But Zachary, you might get cold.
-But sometimes my daddy sleeps with his shirt off, and I want to sleep like my daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment